Monday, December 15, 2008

Breaks and Such

To the Readers:

I've been out of town (and thus away from my source materials) more often than not for the past 6 months, which may serve as an explanation for my long breaks in posting here. Some of my trips away from home I have taken materials with me to type up and post, but others it hasn't worked out to do that. If I'm away from home I also can't just wander around until I find an interesting book -- which makes my selections much more mundane (although I hope still worth reading). I don't exactly have it in me to trek around the country with rare old Puritans in fragile (or not so fragile) bindings. I apologize again for my lack of posts and hope to start up again toward the end of this month or perhaps in January -- and continue again more faithfully whilst I am in the Philadelphia area (for as long as that may or may not be).

Assuming I have time, I'm looking forward to delving into (or back into) Baxter, Gillespie, a few letters I ran across by a well-known Presbyterian whose name currently slips my mind, and a volume which is to the best of my Dad's knowledge the only Puritan book on the subject of dreams. Those are my known targets, who knows what I might actually lay my hands on.

In Christ,
SML

1 comment:

Aaron Fenlason said...

I just came across your blog and I have enjoyed reading. I look forward to seeing more in the future!